St Leo Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Come, and See…
St Leo Parish warmly welcomes you to explore the Catholic faith with us.
All Are Called…Yet inquiry into the Catholic faith is very individual; the Church recognizes that each person’s situation and questions are unique.
Because of this, the Church offers a process that is flexible to each person’s faith journey, called the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
The information provided here is an introduction to what the Catholic Church offers, and to what we provide at St. Leo. Our parish priests welcome the opportunity to speak with you further, as do our parish members, especially the team involved in the RCIA process!
What is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process by which an adult or young adult is initiated into the Christian way of life, specifically in the Roman Catholic tradition.
What are the Sacraments of Initiation into the Catholic faith?
Baptism, Holy Eucharist and Confirmation are the foundational sacraments of a life in Jesus Christ.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is:
- a process of formation in the Gospel,
- which is divided into various periods that respect the individual’s faith journey,
- with community celebrations marking these periods of formation and deepening faith,
- culminating in the reception of the Sacraments of Initiation.
Who is the RCIA for:
The RCIA is for persons who wish to become full members of the Catholic Church, including:
- those who were never baptized,
- those who were baptized into another Christian faith and who are now considering a decision to join the Roman Catholic Church,
- those who were baptized Catholics but have not completed their initiation through reception of the sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Confirmation.
For more information contact Kathy Heslin at email@example.com.